A Fork in the road.

Started by Winterhawk, September 11, 2023, 09:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

September 11, 2023, 09:37:05 AM Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 04:37:02 PM by Winterhawk
The GreaterMUD project began by Vitoc and an assorted group of others as a way to faithfully recreate the majormud experience we all came to love. After many years of work, many many late nights, missed appointments and unhappy family members, that goal was finally reached.
The next step seemed to logically be to start to extend the content and engine into new areas, hopefully in the spirit of the original game. In doing so we drifted from the initial goal of a recreation and moved ever further as we expanded. At this point, we arrived at a crossroads and a decision was made to take GreaterMUD back to its original goal and split the expansion project we have been working on for the past 7 years into its own space. Thus is born paramud,  A paradigm shift in the evolution of MUD. Vitoc has graciously agreed to allow us to continue to use the engine that we are currently using and the existing games will stay as they are with only the need to change the domain address in your bbs settings from greatermud.com to mud.paramud.com (this is already live and pointed at the current games ). The scheduled reset for 9/16 will still go on as planned. I expect Vitoc will address things from his end and lay out his plans for future realms.

Winterhawk and the Paramud team

Thanks Winterhawk!

Thanks for everything you have done over the years -- from all the awesome time-saving MegaMUD paths & loops we're all still using to all the years you managed the unruly player-base in our realms after Gardner moved on. Thanks to all the content people for their amazing contributions, especially the insane amount of work that went into new content over the past 7+ years. Well done! I wish you all the best moving forward.
Finally, thanks to all the players who have come and gone over the years with GreaterMUD. We'll keep the lights on.

I'll help answer questions on the greatermud.com side of things over there. It will be more clear when the sites are up and DNS is all settled and people see the distinction between the two projects.

All the best to everybody,
Vitoc and the GreaterMUD project

TGS v1.0 (coming soon)

I just want to say here that I appreciate you both tremendously.  Thank you for giving me a place to play for the past 15+ years.  Here's to 15 more.

Amazing achievement and good luck with its future!